Saturday, October 10, 2009

Armstrong's New Thing 3: Big Huge Labs

>

Here's another fun tool! I thought Voki was my favorite but this one ranks right up there! If you have Facebook you can sign in without registering for an account. You may also share your creation with friends on FB which was fun for my family. There are so many photo projects on BHL that I had a hard time choosing one. I'm excited to try the others. I highly recommend this site. As far as visual literacy, this site lends itself perfectly. There are many applications which require you to actively think about which photos you choose requiring some to be based on colors rather than content. I can't wait to do the bead project!

Tutorial
1. Follow this link: http://bighugelabs.com/

2. Register for an account or sign in with your Facebook account.











3. Choose the photo mosaic project and set the preferences such as border colors, layout, pixels, and location of the photos to upload.













4. Big Huge Labs will upload the photos and then create the mosaic. You then choose to save it to your computer or copy the HTML code to post on your webpage. You may also share it with Facebook or other sites. I did all three!
























No comments:

Post a Comment