Thursday, July 9, 2009

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodnight!

Reflections on my Journey
My favorites were Youtube, Creative Commons, Del.icio.us, and Zoho Writer. All of these met a need in my life whether it be personal or professional. I was so excited to have found them and immediately began using them and sharing with others who might benefit.

This program has stretched me and made me reach further than I imagined when we began this summer. I'm now excited about using and sharing everything I've learned. That's what a life long learning experience is all about, maintaining that excitement when we learn something new and it applies to all areas of our lives.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
The list is WAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! too long for the take aways. I will use so many things learned here it's impossible to list just one. Unexpected outcomes include being able to relate better to co-workers and students. My "coolness level" increased dramatically according to one of my students as a result of this class! Thanks Dr. Wall!

There is very little improvement needed for this program's format. The only thing I can think of would be to have groups assigned early and have group members follow each others blog and build community so that when the project portion is due there is already a relationship.

How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher?
I plan to use many of the Web 2.0 tools in my class this fall. I'm thinking of using the blog format instead of essays for some of my assignments and integrating technology into each post as we have done here. I'll have to use the creative commons license to develop this and look forward to learning that also.

How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful.
The RSS feeds and subscriptions are the best way for me to stay informed. I like the format of highlights that I can pick and choose from as it relates to my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment