Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing 16 Let's Get Organized!

iGoogle was the start page I chose. As I already had a Google account it made sense to integrate all applications here. The calendar I created and other cool widgets like doppler radar and to do lists all on one page make it an attractive option for my home page. The chat feature is one of my favorites and I am planning to invite my chat buddies from around the globe to join me here! The jury's still out on whether this will become my permanent home page but I certainly am tempted by all the cool gadgets here.

Online Calendar: This feature is great for accessing my appointments and schedule from anywhere using the internet. I can even check using my cell phone and love the reminders sent via text message! No excuse for being late or forgetting now!

To Do Lists: Ta Da and Remember the Milk were two applications I tried. Ta Da seemed too much work and I didn't like the format. Remember the Milk is appealing and the format was more user friendly. The text and email reminders were a big plus. The mashups are also a cool feature and I'm looking forward to using them soon.

CutePDF is an application I'd recommend for those who want a free pdf converter and have no need for the professional version. It does have upgrade features which are appealing for the professional usage making it that much more applicable.

Challenge: BaseCamp vs. ZohoProjects
Both applications are wonderful for collaborative projects! The drag and drop feature is totally user friendly in Basecamp. My favorite feature of both apps is the File sharing capability and centralizing documents in lieu of using email. ZohoProjects has many of the same features as Basecamp but at a much more budget friendly price. ZohoProjects would be my choice for a small office or group presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment