Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing 15

The Wiki is a new tool for me. I think it would be extremely useful for my office staff in order to collaborate when working on various projects. We use email almost as an instant messenger some days so the wiki would alleviate multiple emails filling our inbox and multiple messages forwarded and copied. It would certainly be useful when teaching a class. My APSU 1000 section could use a wiki to complete the group project.

The APSU 23 Things Sandbox was interesting but I really didn't see many current posts. My favorite experience with the wiki was when we posted on the national technology standards wiki. I saw a post by two of my colleagues at APSU and enjoyed reading the posts for each standard very much.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Wikis, I love them. I had never used on before this class. I have already set one up with my two other fourth grade teachers. What fun, and we are going to use if for education purposes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when something is both fun and educational!

    ReplyDelete