Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing 20 Youtube

What did you like or dislike about the site and why did you choose the video that you did? My son has used Youtube for entertainment for about a year but I had not really used it or paid much attention to it before this class. It can be extremely useful. While preparing my power point presentation for the group project I used a video in the power point from Youtube. This was my first time embedding a video so I used a tutorial video in order to do so. This was a feature I had not realized was available and I can certainly see using the tutorials for my class. The video I chose was Dear Mr. President: Students Speak Up to President Obama about how to improve their schools. Part of the National Education Technology Plan included student opinion and ideas for education improvement. The students in this video remind us that they have a voice and we should listen when planning for the future, especially theirs.

Can you see any features or components of the site that might be interesting if they were applied to your library website?
The tutorial videos lend themselves nicely to a learning situation. I'm sure there are more videos applicable for education purposes on the site.

Embedding video links is a great tool to know! I'm excited about using this in the future. Be sure to check out my video in the player below!

No comments:

Post a Comment